View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
Name me one defenseman in the World who can cover Ryan Getzlaf when he has the puck and he's protecting it in the offensive zone lol. I don't get the hate for Getzy he's a top 10 Canadian player and he's just as much as a lock as Toews. No speed? Are you crazy, he's 6 foot 4 and his ability to get to spaces is quite quickly. and define speed? The game is not going to be a transition game for the whole 60 minutes, it's the players who can play in the small areas and can create and Getzy is as good as you can get.
The point being that in open ice size isn't as pertinent. Open ice allows for more skilled players and better passing. Protecting the pucks nice and all, especially in NHL sized rinks. In terms of agility or for that matter, play in the offensive zone and finding open ice, there are others who are more suited.He will make Team Canada so this is all irrelevant however the argument can be made that there are other centers whose game translate better to international ice. That's the point(I could be wrong) they are trying to make, regardless of how correct or incorrect it may be. In terms of actual DMen covering him, I think there's few who can knock him off the puck, but can limit his ability to be as effective as he is in the NHL.