View Single Post
03-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Plekanec is more complete and useful to this team than DD.

Just want to make it clear that I don't mind DD's contract at all but I would't get rid of Plekanec because of his contract (which is not THAT much for a 1st line center btw) and give DD the 1st center role. I'd be much more comfortable to have Plekanec-Eller-Galchenyuk as our 3 top center than DD-Eller-Galchenyuk.
We don't need to get rid of anybody. That being said, there's one thing about Plekanec. He really disappears when the game gets tougher and more dirty, whereas Desharnais thrives in those kind of games.

People are talking about Plek's two way game, and I admit it's important. Too many people still forget about his tendency to disappear in tough games. Desharnais will always give the 10% extra the team needs to grind it out in the corners. As for Plekanec, I feel like he's much more cautious.

It's good to talk about the flaws of one player, but it's another story to be fair and talk about the flaws of both... And at this level, both of these players have strength and flaws of their own.