View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 03:05 AM
JaredCowenFan
ErikKarlssonFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslersgirl View Post
Hey man, don't know tiebreakers, but as a Raiders fan who hasn't seen the Rebels somehow this year, care to give me a scouting report on your team? I'm just curious on what I'll be seeing.
Yeah I will, and can I get one on your team, more in depth. I know you have Morrisey, who's a great Offensive D-man and McNeill who's a hard nosed player with some scoring touch.

Rebels Best of the Best and other Stats:

Coach: Brent Sutter
Location: In between Edmonton and Calgary, so you might guess that we're a really big supporter of the Rebels as that's are team here.
Goalie: Patrik Bartosak(Played at the WJ's for the Czech Republic and is arguably one of the best in the League, maybe even CHL)
Captain: Turner Elson. Great leader, the Rebels heart and soul on the Forward Position. Took over for Adam Kambeitz when traded but been a long time Reb. He was signed as a Free Agent by the Calgary Flames. He's kindof like Mc'Neill but I'd say Mc'Neill is better.
Best Sniper/Offensive Player: Rhyse Dieno. Since he came here he has been absolute GOLD, on a line with Elson and Brooks Maxwell(Another young'er 2nd year player who has played amazing and on the line with Elson and Dieno). Dieno never got a chance in Meddy Hat but has been awesome here.
Best D-man: Mathew Dumba. If you're a Wild fan or know about prospects Matty Dumba is the real deal. He was mis-used by the Wild(IMO) when he did make the Wild's opening night roster but didn't play a game, he is still a catalyst on the back end for us.

For years and still aren't a Juggernaut offense and didn't have top 10 scorers and still don't like Edmonton or Portland but the key to our success is TEAM EFFORT. We all as a TEAM get that 'W'. I've watched the Rebels for 16 years now and I can look back to succesful years such as the 2001 Mem. Cup Run and Win and the years back then and then when we had such players as Cam Ward and Phaneuf and even not to long ago when we had Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, I feel like we could be a threat this year. Underdog per-say. I could see maybe 2nd-3rd round(hopefully) but we forsure can't look past Round 1.

In a nutshell a Well-Coached Hard-Nosed working team, not with a huge Juggernaut on offense but a well-rounded team with top players such as Elson, Dieno, Dumba ect and absolute stole-wall goaltending in Patty Bartosak.

I'm sure I'm missing out on some but I covered most, it's late here, lol. I don't know many other's on the Boards from Red Deer or a fan/supporter of the Rebels though so whenever I see one I'm happy. And there you go, lol.