View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 03:35 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Pleks the odd man out.. are you serious? As someone said earlier DD can't carry Pleks jockstrap.You WIN with 2 way player like Pleks, you loose in the playoffs with DD. I've watched most of the games this year and I think I've seen DD throw 2 bodychecks all year.
I sure hope you don't set your expectations in life the same way cause you'll end up quite unhappy. Its not Desharnais' role to throw bodychecks, why even expect him to do it? Not all NHL players are physical, few of them really are. Most superstars aren't what you'd call extremely gritty players, some barely check. Desharnais is good when the puck is controlled by us, we need players like that.

And Plekanec is not a playoff beast. He's reliable, does the job but has never carried the team in that situation. At the same time Desharnais has never had a chance to really show what he can do in the playoffs. He's shown considerable, even outstanding, determination in his career so far so I doubt he disappears then. May I remind you Koivu didn't throw bodychecks, was average at best as a two way player and was never a force physically yet was a playoff machine, so was Cammalleri. These are just examples amongst many.