View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 05:52 AM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Agreed, guys that have zero offensive capability and rely primarily on blocked shots as their number 1 weapon aren't worth 6 year deals imo. I don't care for Gorges either, every team needs a guy like him, but people talk like he's an untouchable when he most certainly isn't.
I doubt anyone thinks he is untouchable, but, he does bring a lot to the team. Could we get an upgrade over him? quite possibly. Are we going to upgrade on him? not likely since upgrades over him are few and far between when it comes to availability. The guy is fearless, gives it his all every game. He isn't perfect and some could say he is overpaid if you base the decision solely off of stats. Others can argue that he brings far more to the table than stats can show, which is where the "over payment" may come into play. I like Gorges, and think he brings a lot to the team. I wasn't a Gorges fan when we first traded for him, but he proved me wrong. I'm content with him on the team, but if I can get an upgraded version then I wouldn't be afraid to cut him loose.