View Single Post
03-16-2013, 06:34 AM
vCash: 500

Chris Stewart right now playing for the St. Louis Blues is on the trade market, according to the article Darren Dereger say his "...his name is out there..."

Being in the west I never heard much about him until I heard him get traded from Colorado to St. Louis. His stats are pretty good looks like he had a down season last year, but with that as the exception the year before and this year he is 20-30 goal scorer. He is willing to fight and stand up for his teammates, which just feels is something missing from the Rangers right now. He plays that North American style the Torts loves. Last season I would have said no way, but losing Dubi and Prust both willing to drop the gloves if needed and stand up for their teammates is evidently missing thus far this season. Here are a couple videos:

Standing up for a teammate

Scores a hat trick, 3 different types of goals (front of the net, slap shot, penalty shot)

I was just looking at the fourth period website and saw his name there and the article says St. Louis is looking for a #4 dman, when staal comes back you could try moving MDZ or Stralman. I think Stralman has come into his own here and while MDZ adds a lot, he is still pretty inconsistent, I'd hate to see him go, but this could be the move the rangers need to get straightened out.

I'm proposing:
NYR gets:
Chris Stewart
3rd Rounder

STL gets:

The reason I think both of them is because it will allow us to bring up either Kreider or Hrivik. I think both those players (Kreider and Hrivik) are going to be very important to the Rangers as the season goes on and into the playoffs.