Thread: Great Britain: British players abroad
View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Call me Suds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
So you don't know if this level is any good then?

Just wondering in case I should follow their progress, if they're likely to play for GB.

There's loads of British guys listed in the OP playing in this outlaw league you speak of, usually they are not very good players even by our standards. One of my current teammates actually played there a while back, and he put up decent numbers in it.
Check the "where are they now" tab on EP and you can see guys who played at that level. 1 brit in the list for that specific team, Daniel Fuller. Nothing special there.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/where_....php?team=9930

Like I said before, in Western Canada by the time you're playing on Varisty teams, all the best players are in the WHL meaning the competition their facing while playing with that team is nothing more then future Jr. A maybe Jr. B players. I'd say most players in GB's U20 team could hold down a spot on a WHL/OHL/QMJHL spot but because there's only 2 spots per team, they don't want a Euro spot used on a 3rd or 4th line forward or bottom pair D. They want a top 6 forward or top 4 D so a lot of Brits could likely play, they just aren't the best available for the 2 spots per team

Call me Suds is offline   Reply With Quote