View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 09:24 AM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Respectfully, but strongly, I disagree. Maybe in the NHL of the past, but pretty much only in 4 on 4 play in the NHL play does this strategy work with any regularity. There just is not enough room in the neutral zone for open-area passes to work.

The way Bailey plays indicates his lack of confidence and/or hockey sense. Whether you consider this a 'technical' passing ability to some other element of skill or hockey sense doesn't matter to me. Strome does way more with passes. Strome will immediately upon entry to the NHL be a better playmaker than Bailey. Strome will have a hard time winning puck battles, of course, but I think Bailey's shortcomings in this regard are pretty clear if you look. I've paid specific attention to Bailey turning pucks over by passing blindly to 'open' areas for a while now.

Cheers,

Dan-o
Tavares has also done this pretty routinely this season. I'm not worried about Bailey. He's IMO one of our top-3 forwards. The kid has so much skill, has pretty high end passing ability and is reliable defensively. Not to mention a pretty underrated shot that he absolutely needs to use more(which is my biggest knock on him). Once the Isles decide to use him correctly(on the RW... hopefully at some point on Tavares' RW) I expect all the Bailey criticism to die pretty quickly.