View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 10:58 AM
HockeySens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Senators have the deepest and strongest core players moving forward.

Top 5-10 center in the game: Spezza
Arguably best player in the game and best defender: Karlsson
Top 6 forwards with really high potential: Zibanejad and Silfverberg
Number 2 center: Turris
Number 2-4 defender in Cowen who can be number 1 talent wise.
Best goalie prospect in the game with crazy stats in NHL this year so far: Lehner
Top 4 defenders: Methot, Wiercioch and Gryba
Plethora of elite young bottom 6 forwards: Smith, Greening, Condra

Core players are players you build your team around.

Ottawa is currently 6th in the league with their best core players missing now: Spez, Karl, Cowen, Anderson, Michalek yet their upcoming core is proving to be ready NOW.

Sens AHL team is also 2nd in the league while being the youngest and Sens have top 3 prospect pool in the league

The Sens also have 4th lowest cap hit with over 20 mil next year free with all major players under contract.

Sens have the strongest a deepest core moving forward, with all major positions covered, imo.
Im a sens fan too but I dont think we have the strongest core, deepest maybe, top 3 or top 5 for sure though, besides karlsson and spezza we dont have very high end talent, remember that crosby and malkin are only 25/26, toews/kane are 24, boston may not have elite superstars such as crosby, malkin, toews and kane but they have bergeron, seguin and while their core is fairly young(early-mid 20's) most of them are all nhl regular already, then you have st. louis and phoenix(but only their depth on D). I do believe however that ottawa has one of the deepest prospect pool in all positions(but not necessarily high end talent) and its showing right now. Also, remember that the highest the sens picked in the draft was in 2001 wen they selected spezza as #2. Since then the highest theyve picked was #6, while pens had #1 in crsoby, #2 in malkin they had fleury and jordan staal high too, same thing with edmonton, mtl had #3 pick last year and #5 in carey price, but I applaud them with the picks they had later in the draft, such as subban, pacciorety. Hawks had kane #1 and toews was high too. Bruins had seguin as #2 and they picked kessel as #5. I like mtl's core but they are not as deep as the sens or as high end talent as the pens, bruins and hawks

Last edited by HockeySens: 03-16-2013 at 11:08 AM.
HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote