View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Probably neither. I don't think he'll ever be an ''untouchable'', but he's not a guy who will be looked at as trade bait either. Just a solid, highly useful piece for the club.

Posting this from the end of the last thread:

Ex-Blues GM Larry Pleau talks about Eller.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...kekalainen.php

Apparently Kekalainen had Eller rated 2nd on the Blues 2007 draft list after Voracek. Hard to believe, but that's what Pleau says.
Link doesn't work now.

Apparently Gauthier wouldn't deal Halak to St. Louis if Eller wasn't part of it. I believe it was John Davidson said Gauthier was adamant about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Not to impose or anything, but Eller was pretty set defensively from draft day, at least when it came to the tools.

I would say the SEL is the biggest contributor to his Defensive tools, no doubt JM milked those tools.

But I would say that Ellers Defensive game is part of the reason St. Louis drafted him.
More than likely. It seems St. Louis prefers the two-way type players.

I don't remember if it was 24CH, or an interview, but Bergevin said when he took over the job he got the most calls about Eller. So, if Eller's game is picking up like this now, then I think he is slowly sliding into the untouchable part. Though, we won't know until next year when/if Eller is extended long-term.

IMO I hope he is. I'd trade him, but I'd want something good in return and it would only be to the West.

(Sounds like Basshunter... Isn't he Swedish, or Norwegian, or not Danish ?)