View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 11:22 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd be more comfortable with the defensemen if someone other than Kjell Samuelsson were responsible for developing them. The Flyers haven't been able to develop a defenseman because the guy who is responsible for helping them develop at the pro level sucks at developing defenseman. I get what you're saying about the Flyers drafting a Lidstrom in the later rounds, but in 10 years, not one defenseman drafted has made it. 10 years. I don't buy that the Flyers are terrible at drafting defensemen. This is squarely on the development system that is in place and it's clear that for 10 years, something in the system has been wrong. The one common denominator? Kjell Samuelsson. He needs to go and they need to get someone in there who knows about developing defensemen. I'd be perfectly content if they moved Hatcher into that role or if they bring back Desjardins for that role. Whatever they do, Samuelsson needs to go.
I think when kimmo retires, he will step into that role. That is what is kill to see, or maybe pronged is well enough next year and does so... That would be sick.

Also, Reese has to go.