View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
BEB595

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
If they don't make two significant additions by the start of next season we need to let them know about it because as I see these rosters with zero help coming from the outside, relying on rookies like Strome, Nelson, and Nino to magically become top end NHL players overnight is fantasy of the highest magnitude.

And if you are one of the apologists or simply want to cut the organization some slack just remember that when we enter next year with a below-floor salary roster that Wang is receiving additional money from the league in the form of a revenue sharing check that they expect him to spend on the roster.

Rookies are the answer.... what a crock of ****.
If we can sign high end talent then I am all for that and letting the rookies get more experience at Bridgeport. However if we just sign mediocre over the hill free agents, I feel like i'd rather just see the young players get NHL experience and grow together instead Of watching stopgaps every year.

There is a risk though of playing too many rookies, resulting in many losses and establishing a culture of losing that has been way too familiar for us islander fans for the past two decades.

Ah, the joy of being an Isles fan.

BEB595 is offline   Reply With Quote