View Single Post
03-16-2013, 12:13 PM
vCash: 500
The Spitfires had a golden opportunity to fill that import void in the lineup with a top-15 pick. Windsor opted for Russian Vladimir Ionin, but he didn’t make it out of training camp. A trade with Kitchener brought in Slovakian Juraj Bezuch, but he was pointless in four games before being cut.

“The import draft went ugly,” said Rychel, who will have two picks in the top 20 this year. “A lot of things happened that day that I didn’t expect. I’ll take the blame.”
Rychel thought Soo would bend over twice and pass on Ho-Sang and then on Tolchinsky. Could have easily traded up - but the league revolved around what Warren wants, or so he believes. You think he would have learned this lesson when Barrie drafted Kerby after WR tries to play silly games there too.

Players the club had hoped to step up and fill a bigger role on offence failed to do so. Former first-round pick Jordan Maletta was eventually dealt away for picks while third-year centre Michael Clarke was shipped out to try and find some offence from the back end in Trevor Murphy.
Umm...Devlin and Schoemakers were traded for Murphy, Clarke and 2 seconds were traded for Koekkoek.

Overagers like Derek Schoenmakers, who was traded, and Emerson Clark failed to provide a spark and captain Saverio Posa did not hesitate to leave via trade to Guelph when given the opportunity.

Boughner said that’s a key area of focus for this off-season.
This is a ******* thing to say about Posa. Also it's impossible to expect leaders when everybody knows it's Kerby's lockerroom and either you're buddies with Kerby or you're a nobody.
But there are still obstacles facing the club. OHL sanctions for violations of the league’s player recruitment policy will leave the team without a first-round pick in this year’s draft and the club has dealt away it’s second-round pick.

“The silver lining from missing the playoffs is we would have picked fourth overall and now we can’t do that,” Rychel said. “We have to get out and shake the trees for free agents and some of our picks (like high-touted Americans Will Butcher, Evan Allen and Nick Schmaltz).”
Gee, why don't we have that first rounder Warren? And who did you trade our second rounder for? Devlin or Marchese? Butcher shouldn't come over, either should Allen. And I think we know how the Schmaltz family thinks about Windsor already.

While a new deal for associate head coach Bob Jones must still be worked out, Boughner and his entire staff are set to return. The challenge for them is make players more accountable and committed to a system that has produced titles in the past.
Never the coaching staffs fault obviously. Let's bring back the same group - the majority owner, the majority owners best buddy and the majority owners brother-in-law.

“Even with our skill teams, we outworked teams and made it hard to play against by finishing hits and forechecking hard every night. That was our identity, but I don’t think that was always true this season.”
Kinda hard to preach this on everybody else when Kerby seems to have a different set of rules.

“I feel bad,” Rychel said. “(Missing the playoffs) lights a fire under me. I want to do everything to correct it. At the same time, all those guys in the (dressing) room should feel it, too.”
Sounds like those rumors about Warren leaving are false.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 03-16-2013 at 12:18 PM.