View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Young rebuilding team or playoff pretenders? I think we need a puck moving number one defenseman(Gardiner or Reilly),a top center(draft) and too unload some of our vets for picks and/or prospects.

Some guys I think need to be dealt or at least considered.Phaneuff(not for $6.5 million,thanks),Grabo($5.5 million for this?),MacArthur(good role player but we need play youth i.e Frattin now),Liles(may fetch a 2nd at deadline),Komisarek(sorry it just didnt work out),and possibly Kostka or Gunner.

We have to face reality,even if we made the playoffs,it would be over fast with this group.If we are out in 2 weeks,let's clean house and get ready for a strong draft.

Yes, I would consider a high pick for Kessel,not because of his play but because Burke mis built this team and Phaneuff/Kessel are not the right pieces.
I'm sick of the rebuilding word it gets thrown around the world of sports way too often. This team is young yes but we're not re-building. We've already built a decent core of players, a re-building team is Columbus. Whether we're a playoff pretender is yet to be known, we were in 5th like two weeks ago, and now we're down to 7th and a couple of losses away from being completely out of it.