View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 12:59 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Holy smokes...this is a topic about Pietro and people still can't stop talking about Karlsson. Pietro's play has nothing to do with Karlsson, and to say that Karlsson played "zero defence" is a joke. People think because he's the most talented offensive defenceman in the league that he doesn't play defence -- watch the games. He was leading the league in takeaways before he went down for a reason. He doesn't play defence like a typical defenceman because he's small and shifty...he uses his stick and body position to shut down top lines and more than makes up for mental lapses with his athleticism and skating.

Karlsson won the award because he was the best ALL-AROUND defenceman. He played above-average defence while being lightyears ahead of anyone else offensively.

Do you have an example of this ever happening? IIRC only twice in history has a defenceman had a negative +/- and won the Norris.

Anyway...Pietrangelo is a great player he'll figure it out. Defencemen this young are always still adjusting and figuring out the NHL. Most defencemen are in their mid-20s when they break into the league.
Holy Smokes Batman!! A thread about a talented young defenseman uses a comparable for salary discussion??

It boggles my mind that you actually think that Karlsson played above average defense the entire year last season. In fact, I'm literally laughing at the thought.

@#$%ing Knights of Karlsson. If you don't bow to his awesomeness, you clearly don't watch him or understand hockey. $&*! pisses me off.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote