View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 01:05 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
From a developmental point of view, too, my inexpert opinion is that the Phantoms need a pretty significant shake-up in both system and personnel to be a strong talent generator for the Flyers. It must be pretty disheartening to be on a bottom-dwelling team that is not contributing to a winning mentality. I can't help but think that if this year's draft brings in 2-3 significant players who can contribute significantly in the lower levels, the end result will be a better pipeline.

That also puts the spotlight on the coaches. I'd love to have a future HoFer like Pronger working with the young defenseman, or if Timonen would sign onto this after retirement. Hatcher or Desjardins are also very good candidates. But a change is clearly needed.
I agree but it also helps when you have talented players on the team. That's something the Phantoms have lacked for a couple of years now. They should be better next year with Cousins and a couple of other guys coming in maybe even Ghost.

The trade Homer has made in the last few year have left the cupboards pretty empty. As long as we keep the majority of our draft picks you'll see the Phantoms improve.