View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 01:37 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
I think part of it is his line mates are more than willing to do the dirty work so he doesn't have to. But being 160 as a smaller guy is different. For example, Domi has 25lbs on this kid and is a solid 5 inches shorter (don't believe Domi is 5'10, he isn't). Lodge is wayyyy too lanky so his balance is atrocious. This can obviously be fixed, since he does have the height his frame is very projectable. He can definitely generate his own offense, which we really lack in our prospect pool up front. We have a lot of guys like Leivo, Ashton, Biggs who can finish off plays, but we lack someone with the creative playmaking ability of Lodge.
Oh yeah you can definitely teach better positioning and body work, as well as balance. And that will come with time for him. It's going to be easier for him to play a "bigger" game when he adds more weight. Adding weight will allow him to balance better as well and likely add to a more physical game (at the very least be able to protect his body). That would be the hope/idea anyways.

If he has the skill, vision and smarts on the ice, he's definitely a guy to take a risk on with his height. It's more of a project pick but the upside is really there.

I view Bailey and Lodge as similar but Lodge's ability to create offense might be a little more enticing than Bailey. I like Bailey but he's more of a finisher at this point. He's got a killer wrister though.