View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 03:24 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=MandyAlwaysKnows;61762203]If Stamkos plays with Crosby, I don't think you have to worry about his offensive production from the wing. He plays like a winger, the transition will not be hard for him.[QUOTE]

I forgot to address the issue of separating Crosby and Stamkos (at ES; they could play together on the PP). They should anchor the top two lines, IMO. Pairing them up together makes it easy (well, easier - shutting those two down would be difficult to say the least) for the opposition to assign their best checking line and defensive D-men against them. By splitting them up, you force the opposition to decide which line you want to match up against defensively and it would almost certainly present opportunities for one of them to get a softer defensive matchup.

I'd like to see:

Tavares - Crosby - Bergeron*
E. Staal - Stamkos - St. Louis

* Someone needs to do the grunt work on this line and provide defensive cover. Crosby (LH) and Bergeron (RH) also provide faceoff prowess on both sides in important defensive situations. Whoever makes it as the 13th forward - someone like Seguin, Kane, Neal, Hall, Eberle, Skinner - can mix-in in offensive situations. And obviously Bergeron can drop down with Toews/Nash/Sharp to create a pure shutdown line, if necessary.

And finally, perhaps the most logical RWer for Crosby, Giroux, may not make sense given the animosity between those two. If they can bury the hatchet for the good of the Maple Leaf, we'd have some different options for the Crosby line as Giroux is an outstanding complete hockey player and would almost certainly fulfill any role asked of him by the coaching staff.