View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
darrylsittler27

vCash: 500
I meant if...

We are out of it at trade deadline we need to take a serious look at some key parts.We clearly have too many 2nd rate centers and need that big number one center.If we arent going to school Gardiner we need to upgrade Phaneuff.Is it a rebuild or the final year of a proper build? I like Kessel but wonder if he is the right guy for that leadership/star role that leads this team to Stanley's cup.I wonder if Phaneuff is a number one dman.If we collapse again, isn't it time we faced up and realized some pieces are missing,serious pieces.

We need a star center and a number dman,to even make the semi's in the brutal East while Reimer and Scrivens need some time to grow.I just don't think we are quite there yet and by the time we are Liles,Phaneuff,Grabo,Macarthur will be past their prime anyway.At some point highly paid vets get in the way more than help.

We have $18 to $19 million tied up in just those 4 guys yet alone Komi.That is money for Weber and a star center.Which would you rather have when young guys like Kadri,Frattin,Gardiner,Reilly can fill those roles now?

Last edited by darrylsittler27: 03-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.