View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 02:41 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
I think they've helped the lack of RH shots a lot with Sproul, Jensen, Marchenko on D and Järnkrok, Frk, Pulkkinen, Ferraro etc up front. But of course you want to get a couple in each draft. Looking at the Wings D right now, it's actually quite big but could use more physicality and defensive skill. On offense, due to where they've drafted for a long time, they haven't found much elite talent and their prospect pool is clearly a deep one instead of one with top end talent. A lot of "bottom-9" potential but very few kids with 1st line potential.

That's why this year is a HUGE opportunity to pick up a high end prospect. If there's a specific type of player they need with that 1st rounder, I'd say it's a high end forward with size.
Only Sproul looks like a sure NHLer to me.. Jensen has a decent chance if his skating is as good as what everyone raves about. Marchenko is russian, and injury prone... so there you have that. Frk, Pulkkinen are wingers... Ferraro switched too right? Järnkrok is a natural right handed Center, good, but unless he gets better at faceoffs and stronger he will probably be moved to wing pretty fast... A big right-handed Centerman would be great to have (think Ryan Getzlaf, i know dreamy... or Patrice Bergeron...., also dreamy, but that's what they should aim for)

Last edited by mindfly: 03-16-2013 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Fixed *
mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote