View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Last season, I thought he was a great motivator. He fielded a team that competed every single shift. Thats not there this season - complaints about that and musings about how he might have lost this team carry a bit more weight than the generic and ignorant talk about a system/style of play problem.

With that said, Torts is not the guy who rebuilt a roster by virtually ignoring the bottom 6. Perhaps more importantly, Richards and Gaborik, who played pretty damn well in the same system last season have stunk beyond belief.

Theres so much blame to go around. Those calling for Torts' head would simply get a new name, but a lot more would need to change to get different results.

The fact that this roster changed so much in the offseason is something that often gets ignored around here. I never anticipated that this team would have so much turnover a season after making the ECF.

You look at a team like the Chicago Blackhawks who went from the WCF to cup champions the following season, and they didn't shake up the team as much and adequately addressed their needs. They replaced Havlat with Hossa, added some depth in Madden and Kopecky. We may have gotten Nash, but we have less depth than we did before and some holes were never addressed. Combine that with the fact that Richards and Gaborik are playing horribly, as well as losing our best defenseman in Staal, and it's no wonder we are struggling. I may disagree with constant line-changing and some of his coaching methods, but to pin this solely on Torts is short-sighted.