View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
You mean the former? Or you're in favor of paying up for a guaranteed top 10 pick?

I'm not in favor of getting fleeced, obviously, but I don't want to just trade for a first because. It would be huge for this team to draft like 5th overall. Drafting 16th overall isn't going to help much, for several years. If that's going to be the case, I don't necessarily MIND trading for the pick, but it's not a priority for me either. Having a first this year so that they can be a rookie who needs seasoning and a few more years to develop, in the 2015-2016 season isn't on the top of my list. A kid who might be special and can come in in a year or two and actually be an impact player is a different story, but the price tag is in a different ballpark.
At this point I'd trade McDonagh to Edmonton for their first. All the elite offensive talent these days comes from the draft. The only ones that hit free agency are the ones that are soft and inconsistent. Name an elite offensive talent, and 95% he's playing for the team that drafted him. I'm sick of not scoring and I'm sick of this team not drafting elite forwards. Who's the last elite forward we drafted, Andy ****ing Bathgate?

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote