View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 02:47 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
At this point I'd trade McDonagh to Edmonton for their first. All the elite offensive talent these days comes from the draft. The only ones that hit free agency are the ones that are soft and inconsistent. Name an elite offensive talent, and 95% he's playing for the team that drafted him. I'm sick of not scoring and I'm sick of this team not drafting elite forwards. Who's the last elite forward we drafted, Andy ****ing Bathgate?
I agree. I'd hate to see a Staal or McDonagh go, but we need to draft a legit young superstar in the top 3. End of the story. It's what we've lacked for as long as we can all remember. Bringing in guys like Gomez, Drury, Redden, Richards, Gaborik, Nash and even going back, Lindros, Bure, Gretzky, etc. all at 27 years or older is not the solution. In the case of Nash or Gabby in years past, it can be a SUPPLEMENT to the solution. The other drafting (Cally, Lundqvist, Stepan in the second, Hagelin, etc.) has been good to create a supporting cast. A guy like Nash could be a great supplement. We need to draft our own stud forward.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote