View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 02:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
You do not trade a Norris Trophy quality player for an unknown. You want to trade him for Taylor Hall fine. Would you trade him for Nail Yakupov? He was pretty sure fire. I wouldn't.
Yeah, you have to make hard decisions. I don't want to move McD at all. But we can't sign or otherwise acquire an answer to our problems. We have Staal, McD and MDZ who are all top-four LH d-men (who all were in the Norris voting last year, except Staal who was out injured; Girardi was there in his place). If moving one of them brings in a 19-20 year old stud forward, you have to strongly consider it. Yakupov's been alright on a terrible Edmonton team. Look at Stamkos' rookie year. Yakupov is very likely still going to be a monster. Hall? He's proving somewhat injury prone so far, though I love him too. My point is, unless you're getting Seguin or Huberdeau back, what's the difference between trading for Hall or drafting McKinnon? I get that Hall is more proven, but the chance of a top two pick busting these days is infinitely lower than it used to be because of the way and attention that scouting has evolved. Obviously you're not going to acquire a Huberdeau and win the Cup that year. But 1-2 years after, the team's build will be much better for it.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote