View Single Post
Old
07-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Fish

vCash: 500
One thing I've noticed a lot about Rangers fans is that they're generally pretty optimistic about the future, and generally have pretty high expectations for the prospects in the system. While I recognize that the Rangers have more prospect depth than they've had for some time, I do think that we're still yet to see whether they have been able to turn the corner.

What is particularly still at question is whether the Rangers have much in the way of top end talent, particularly on the forward front, but also perhaps on defense. The Rangers have a couple of players that have been promising, but only really Montoya and Staal could be called studs.

Most of the pool projects to either miss out/brief encounters with the NHL, or to be in the role-playing type slots on the team.

Prucha and Lundqvist were of course great successes and they certainly should be praised for that, but they developed entirely in Europe.

Also of concern is the terrible lack of success the Rangers have had with #1 picks, statistically the best position of all to select at...and typically the round where you get your top end players from.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote