View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 03:41 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm not sure if it's the Devils or if it's our offense being impotent. We have what...one breakaway per month? Maybe one odd man rush per game? Compare that to last year, where breakaways and odd mans were common.

I'd lean more towards the offense being impotent. Perhaps Lavi has heeded management's wishes and toned down the offense in favor of defense, but the fowards just aren't that good at it and he's not sure how to coach it. The expected result would indeed be what we've seen; less offense, kinda OK defense.
The sequence in OT (was it OT or 3rd? darn this Alzheimer's) where the Flyers and Devils went end to end with a 2-on-2 each was striking in its contrast. I think it was Read carrying the puck; he got angled outside, and the other Flyer with him was totally covered, ending in Read taking a wrister that was easily saved. The Devils headed up ice and broke into the Flyers zone 2-on-2. The puck carrier took the puck straight ahead and chipped it to Clarkson (I think), who got the excellent scoring opportunity that Bryzgalov saved low glove side.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote