View Single Post
03-16-2013, 03:51 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I remember laughing last game thinking how long Ballard would be exiled to Siberia if he'd had a performance like Bieksa did. And then to cap it off Bieksa actually got promoted partway through the game.

Honestly, I could see that kind of crap really hurting a coach's reputation with his players. Everyone there is extremely competitive and I'm sure it must be pretty galling to see the coach play favorites and dress an inferior lineup.
I agree. Some guys will be pissed off knowing they basically have no chance, and others will get complacent.

The whole Ballard makes even less sense this year. This year he and Tanev were our best pair early on. I'll grant that there was a debate about Ballard's play last year - although I disagree, at least there was some question. This year benching him is just plain stupid.

He is NOT a salary dump however. I'm sure there a number of teams out there that think he is a good asset for $4M. I bet we haven't even been shopping him. However, less teams are willing to take on any salary for next, yeah, AV has not put us into a good situation.