Old
03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
The pieces are not in place . Keep the players I mentioned . Plug in
Whoever we can get from contenders by selling of the ones I mentioned preferably some guys with speed, 10-20 goal potential and some nuts .
Richards as 1 C is absolutely killing this team . Stepan is a good solid you g center. Sell of Gaborik , one of Staal or Girardi for a ready to play Center prospect and picks or a Center . It's a hard choice but center depth is what win championships . The Remainjng D men of Whiever left between G and Staal, MDz , and McD , plug in McI
I continue to disagree.

Nash, Gaborik, Stepan, Richards, Callahan, and Hagelin is a very, very, very good top 6 in the right system. I think you're an anti-Torts guy as well (even though you seem to be more of an anti-everything NYR guy these days, can't blame you) so you have to agree with me there. These guys aren't dead weight. They are square pegs, and Torts's system is full of round holes. Square pegs don't fit? Jam away.

Gaborik has been successful under Tortorella before this season. What's the main difference? Torts switched his wings. Nash is slumping right now, but was absolutely on fire not a week ago. Even with Nash's streak, I think we could really be seeing more out of this team in an open system; that's just not something Tortorella is ever going to employ.

The biggest problem about the bottom-6 right now is how completely interchangeable it is. That's because our third liners are fourth liners, and our fourth liners believe they're third liners, and the way he's using Haley, they have Torts fooled.

Nash - Stepan - Gaborik
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Kreider - Boyle (vom) - Zuccarello
Pyatt - Halpern - Powe

Tell me with a straight face that team isn't better than the one we're employing right now? Now imagine it with a real 3C. Now imagine it with a coach that can get the most out of those players.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote