View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I was pretty skeptical of the signings that Dale Tallon made when he first came to Florida. While they had a great season last year, they were a flawed team that played over their heads. I think they had a crazy amount of SO wins and the team stats didn't indicate playoff contender. They've come back down to Earth this year.

Agreed that a W is the only acceptable outcome for the Isles tonight.
Keep in mind they weren't a powerhouse offensive club to begin with, so having both Weiss and Versteeg injured for large parts of this season (and now both gone for the year) doesn't help an already low scoring team. They also lost Jason Garrison and his 16 goals from the point from last season.

Also, while he wasn't exactly in line for the Vezina, losing their #1 goalie Theodore just compounds their issues. They've gone 3-9-3 without him.

So while I agree their roster wasn't exactly ... dangerous ... last season, it was much better than the roster they have this year, both due to injuries and due to losses to free agency.

Their current roster does, however, suck badly.

Just don't take them lightly. My Pens put up arguably their worst performance of the season earlier this year in a loss to the Panthers.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote