View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The only way we trade Coburn is if we get a d prospect back in return + lots more That prospect has to be ready to step in right away and contribute. No he won't be as good as Coburn is now, but if his ceiling is higher you thing about the move.

Also people are starting to get fed up with Coburn because he has all the tools to be a top notch defender but doesn't produce. He has made some silly mistakes throughout his time here. He is vital to our defense right now, but if we can get a good deal for him we should think about it. He has been here for 7 seasons I think now, and he has regressed. Coburn is a top 4 defender but is not irreplaceable, especially on a team that isn't heading to the playoffs
Coburn played his best hockey here when paired with a strong puck-moving defenseman (Timonen), right?

Obviously Timonen makes everyone look better, but the Coburn-Grossmann puts a great deal of pressure on Coburn to play the role of puck-mover. He should be better at that than he is--and I agree that that aspect of his game does seem to have regressed since his arrival.

Still, if we can acquire another PMD, it might take a bit of that pressure off of Coburn.

He's not a player I'm anxious to move. If we had to include him to get something closer to a very good #2 (Edler), I would, but otherwise, I think you hold on to him and look to acquire a better partner.