View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 08:40 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofweezman View Post
We have too many centers. Time to dump one. We need some legitimate top 4 defensemen. I like EJ, but he's all on his own and he's also not a top pair player yet. They need to do something to fix the defense.

Pruning the dead weight off this team would be great. Dead weight on the team: Jones, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, and Hunwick. As others said though, who'd even want to take these players?
People scream this when all three are healthy, then when one of them is out of the lineup. ZOMG our center depth is so weak!!

Keep all three if Stastny & O'Reilly will take reasonable extensions, get the winger and defense through the draft and free-agency.

People forget that within the next two years Siemens & Barrie (Even Elliott) could make our defense look completely different, along with even one free-agent.

Smid/Siemens - EJ

Siemens/Smid - Barrie/Elliott

Hejda - Wilson/Elliott/

I have a feeling one of SOB or Hunwick will stick around as a 7th defender but they are fine if kept to that role.

Zannon, ROB, and one of the above will be gone.

This changes even more if we draft someone like Jones, but I don't think we will get a chance at him, and have a much more likely shot at one of the high end forwards in this draft.

Besides whoever we draft high in the second round could be a solid player as well. Jordan Subban?

People need to take a chill pill... Managements focus should probably be on clearing out one or two of Zannon, SOB, Hunwick, ROB, and then standing pat until the off-season.