View Single Post
Old
03-16-2013, 09:21 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
Can I ask your reasoning? I look at Edmonton and think if they would have flipped even one of those picks for a fair value return they would be a far better team today.

But admittedly, I see the Avs' roster being 2-3 NHL ready players from being a consistent playoff team for the next 6-10 years assuming the core stays intact. The Dman we need most is the hardest to obtain, and outside of Jones i don't see one in the draft that will be ready before 2014-2015.
Because this draft is absolutely insane IMO.

All of Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin, Lindholm, Monahan have serious star potential. And there are quite a few other guys who have incredible upside. All of the named would go top 5 without a doubt in anyother year. If we got a Top 10 pick, odds are we get one of those guys.
I am beyond convinced in this draft. If Sherman trades away our 1st and does not get a superstar in return, I will be so pissed it is not even funny. The way we look now, we have a legit shot at one of the Top4.
There is no Dman available that I would trade a TOP4 pick in this draft. Not Yandle, not MDZ, not Kulikov and certainly not Gardiner (just had to add him sorry).

But this conversation is better suited in the draft thread I guess..

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote