View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Jarvi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
I wonder if Buffalo would consider something centred around Gagner and Grigorenko and centrepieces. I am just worried we will not be able to afford Gagner (as much as I would love to keep him). It gives Yak a sidekick, and us the big C we need at an entry deal price. While Buffalo gets the better player today by far.
Buffalo laughs and hangs up. Rumors have been circulating that they are gonna try and rebuild, get rid of Miller, older players, and even a thread from a Buff fan asking what Pominvilles trade value was. They were looking for picks and prospects.

And I don't think Gagner has that much value.

And to the poster who quoted you saying to sign players to fair deals, and worry about the cap when the time comes, that is how you cripple a franchise. You need to plan ahead, and let the players who aren't key components go get there money elsewhere ie trade them. This is a business after all.

I am not saying that we shouldn't resign Gagner, but if he wont take a discount, I think trying to trade him for player types that we need is what needs to happen.