View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 12:07 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
NJD are arguably in win-now mode - especially after the SCF last year. I know they lost Parise but they look like they haven't really missed a beat. Brodeur has maybe 1-2 years left in him - if I were them I'd take all the top-6 forwards and top-4 defensemen I can get. If Whitney can continue his play, I think they might bite, especially if we add a B-level prospect (Marincin, Lander, etc).

Of course they'd want to send salary back this way (Zubrus?)

And Larsson is what he is - currently a bottom-pairing defenseman working his way up the lineup. He's got #1 potential, but it's similar to someone like Klefbom (#2 potential) - I'd still move him in a heartbeat if I could upgrade my current roster to the degree of a top-6 FWD + top-4 D when in a win-now mode.
Well, you aren't running the Devils, and Lamoriello hasn't exactly become one of the best GM's in the world by dealing future stars for immediate help. They still need to forfeit a first round pick soon too, so no, they won't trade Larsson unless, as I said, they get a huge overpayment. An overpayment so huge that it is stupid.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote