View Single Post
03-17-2013, 02:35 AM
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Except Getzlaf will be one of the older guys on the team and he wont be counted on as a top 6 forward to produce. He will be there for his 2 way game and mentor the younger guys like Tavares (who will be on the top 2 lines).

Same goes for Perry and staal...these guys have been here before and will be leaned on defensively to compliment the young guys like Tavares, Giroux, Stamkos who dont have the defnesive games that they do.
So you seem to think Getzlaf-Perry will be on the 3rd line?

But that only leaves 1 regular centre spot left.

I have trouble imagining any scenario where one of Toews or Bergeron doesn't have a regular shift.

Yes, Toews was 4C and Bergeron was the spare back in 2010. But both have grown and developed quite a lot since then.

In 2014, I would have Toews as 3C and Bergeron 4C. Both will give you elite two-way play, and dictate the play for their entire shift. You will get automatic possession, due to their faceoff abilities, and spend the next 45-60 seconds with control of the puck. Your goals-for/goals-against ratio, with either of these two on the ice, is going to be very high.

Which leaves 2C as a fight between Getzlaf vs. Tavares, a fight I can't see Tavares winning.

joe_shannon_1983* is offline   Reply With Quote