View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 03:53 AM
Ugmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan View Post
How exactly has Seattle done anything but get their ducks in a row for when an NHL franchise becomes available. The focus has been on the NBA while at the same time preparing the new arena as well as Key arena in the eventuality the NHL wants to come here. I don't know of any public proclamations about the NHL other than plans for new arena and upgrades to Key.
Well I haven't been following Seattle's progress all that closely, but I was referring to this link posted by superdeluxe...

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/hockey-anyone

... and this quote picked out by Dado:

Quote:
While I know there may have been a few skeptics out there, I have to say I am just as pumped as most of you to see the return of professional hockey to Seattle, and honestly can't wait to see this building bursting at the seams with crazed Seattle hockey fans.
I just juxtaposed that with PKP and Labeaume's press conference to announce (IIRC) that everything was in place for the construction of QC's new hockey arena, which Bettman apparently went apopleptic about. Don't get me wrong, I think that's a stupid thing for Bettman to be angry about, just as it would be stupid if he were upset about Chris Hansen's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpensfan
If anything the new realignment says to me the Coyotes are not going anywhere for the time being. They are not going to QC or Seattle. But it says more that they are not going East. Anybody who tries to spin it any other way is involved in wishful thinking. Just my opinion.
Having followed the Coyotes saga for a couple of years now, my impression is that whether you want them to move to QC or Seattle, you'll take every positive development in your city of choice as evidence they're the frontrunner to receive the Coyotes and dismiss everything that might be construed as a setback. The reality is that none of us knows what's going to happen to them... the Coyotes saga is so full of baffling twists and turns that it doesn't make sense to draw too many conclusions - especially from something as fleeting as an announced realignment that the league has said would be reviewed for 2014-2015 and doesn't take relocation or expansion into account anyway.

Last edited by Ugmo: 03-17-2013 at 04:00 AM.