View Single Post
03-17-2013, 08:05 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Caps are a big team, and one we've recently seen come out on top versus a pretty stale Bruins club. Makes me think Horton and Lucic went ******* not because they were facing the Caps, but because they were called out specifically by Julien and the media.

Good to see, but not sure we can expect that type of game from them every game, especially on the physical side. Lucic was already one of the top hitters before today's game, I suppose he could fight more but I'd rather see him on the ice hitting people personally. A couple of nice passes from him, but we've been seeing that all year (very underrated part of his game imo). Horton was riled up, but I think we can thank Hendricks for putting that bee in his bonnet, guy was after him right from the start (or at least the Fehr hit). That isn't the norm for him, he's a skilled guy that uses his size well but no one that often throws the body around.

Tonight they produced, they need to keep doing that. As we've seen from that line though they are all very up and down in that regard. Hopefully it kicks Horton's production funk and he starts getting more bounces go his way. It'll come back for him, but I think it will take a bit more time.
Great post, best game for that line for sure but your right, to play that way each and every game is impossible, these boys aren`t robots.
Horty, for the first game in a long time, looked engaged all over the ice, and if he did that more consistently, I`d be less hard on him, he was floating for weeks up to yesterday. No need for him to drop the mitts too often with his history, but there was no excuse for him having, I believe, 19 hits this season, totally unacceptable. Let`s hope yesterday gave him the confidence that he could play that way still and he does

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote