View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
ugh...it's not that people are critical of our players but it's just how they do it sometimes.

"about time Price stepped up" or whatever garbage sometimes get written. Price hasn't been top notch but it's not like he's been utter garbage and costing us wins.

I just can't stand when some poster clearly doesn't like a certain player for some weird reason so they have to bash him at every chance.
for every person who "doesn't like" Price there are 3 or 4 fanatics who refuse to discuss the topic of Price's strengths/failings. So they start threads like this, or a Vezina trophy thread, or jam other threads with words like "Elite" "Superstar"
"top 5" etc. which are terms that obviously don't fit. They jam their internet fingers in their ears and go "lalalalalalala I don't hear you Price is great, the stats lie, you're a hater, you aren't a real fan" and just make themselves look like fanatics.

The truth is Price is one of a large group of goalies that look great some nights, less so on others, and in the end have statistics so similar to one another that it's almost impossible to rank or distinguish them. Price needs to do something to get himself above that cluster of good goaltenders.

This is the year for Price to legitimately get himself into a discussion with the top goaltenders by performing in key games (I am looking at you Boston) and the playoffs.

If he cleans up in those games then I'll start the appreciation threads myself.