What about Gionta?
View Single Post
03-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Join Date: Jun 2007
Originally Posted by
That he can't make a tangible positive contribution.
That he's inconsistent
That he has zero offensive vision
That he puts the team at a disadvantage ALL the time
That he brings down the Plekanec line
That he is just like Gomez - only "looks like" he is trying
1) His production is middling for a 2nd liner at best and he gets significant PP time and gets to play with our best centreman. I say his offensive contribution, taking in account opportunity cost, is not positive.
2) He is inconsistent, I don't know how you can disagree. Look at his game logs.
3) He does not make plays beyond the occasional drop pass. I don't know how you can disagree with this.
4) His contract is a drag, his position next to our top centreman is a drag, the fact that he cannot fight his own battles is a big drag (see: Moen and Tinordi having to stick up for him last night)
5) see 1, 2
6) It reminds me of Gomez. The feet are moving, the effort is there but the offense is inconsistent and unreliable.
It's a matter of taste I guess.
I don't want to dump him for a bag of pucks or anything but if we're looking to upgrade anything for next season, he'd be the first player I'd look at moving.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by WhiskeySeven*