View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 10:24 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
did losing Dubinsky and Prust really hurt the team toughness?? i understand they were a big part of it, but if losing 2 players really made this team so much softer, this team has issues... i want a McLeod, Clifford type player at the deadline, someone with toughness that can play a regular shift, not someone like Bickel. Haley has been good but he is only 1 player and he does help and he reminds me a bit of a younger Avery. needs to develop his offense a bit, although he seems like a smart player on the ice.
To me it's a question of pro-active or re-active. Okay Prust last year would start off a lot of games--sometimes opening face-off--dropping the gloves with someone. For some that's a real waste of time but it does send a message that the team is going to show up. This year's team is not always showing up. The Rangers game was pro-active last year--it's re-active this year and I know for some they don't want to hear about 1994 but that was a tough team that was always hitting and fighting all the time. What's most important is what's going to work--last year's team ran out of gas but was close and could legitimately be called a contender. This year's team--not really.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote