View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Kovatar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
It's an interesting question, but we're still in heavy speculation territory if you ask me. Guys like Dietz, Thrower, Nygren and Ellis could all be good nhlers, but it's hard to know atm. What I know is this:

Subban is our no. 1 D for years to come.
Markov is a great player, but he's becoming a liability defensively. If he wants the same contract in 2014, i think we should let him go, if we cant persuade him to take a pay cut.
Gorges is our next captain, and should be here for awhile.
Emelin is playing well and still improving. I think he's one of our more under appreciated players.
Diaz has impressed me a lot this year with his defensive awareness, he's a quick learner, and a really good PP guy.
Bouillon is a great team guy, and they should probably re-sign him for another year contract next year.
Kaberle is gone.
Tinordi will be part of the D corps next year for sure, in some capacity.(maybe earlier)
Beaulieu is a bit of a wildcard. He might end up being trade bait if something huge comes along.
"Markov is becoming a defensive liability" ???? Really? Do you notice that he's constantly paired against the opposing teams' top forwards and does a pretty good job containing them? I think Markov plays the type of cerebral game (offensively and defensively) that will make him an effective top 4 D well into his late 30s. I hope he plays his whole career with the habs. Regarding him being injury prone. Well, some players just figure it out over time and learn not to get injured anymore. For example, compare Saku Koivu's first and second half of his career.

Kovatar is offline   Reply With Quote