Old
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
That's simply not true.

Although I don't think Lou would deal with Darcy. Regier is notorious for only doing deals he feels he "wins". He has to rip the other team off.

I know back in the early 2000's, Calgary proposed Jerome Iginla + 3rd for Michael Peca. Darcy refused, and demanded Jerome Iginla + Toni Lydman. Calgary kept Iginla, the Sabres traded Peca for Tim Connolly + Taylor Pyatt (who both left via UFA) and later traded a 3rd for Lydman.

I know Brian Burke said [paraphrasing] "Darcy is a good friend of mine personally but I can't stand to deal with him professionally."

The consensus here in Buffalo is that it's only a matter of time before Darcy is fired. Hopefully their next GM is more reasonable.

Lou is a classical kind of guy, I can't recall him ever making a deal with Darcy. He's probably on Lou's blacklist.
That only reinforces my point. Regier is not moving him for anything less than a painful overpay based on his modus operandi. Any trades are going to come from ownership until there is a new GM and I don't see Pegula letting Pominville get dealt for anything short of a stud.

Even if the above played out as you state and Larsson could be removed, the cost for Pominville would be prohibitive for us. It would cost multiple top prospects (likely both Matteau and Merrill) and likely a pick as well.