View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 11:09 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
You make some excellent points here. I wonder how many folks here regret the Nash trade. I am 50/50 on this.
I don't regret the Nash trade at all. Nash is leading the team in everything and is often the only player who looks like he's making offense. Like I said earlier in the thread though, if Sather was willing to bite the bullet and trade 2 big parts of the bottom 3 lines, he never should have let Prust, Fedotenko and Mitchell walk too. A small turnover that needed to happen was supplemented by an even larger and more or less unnecessary turnover of FA guys. Yeah, the cap would have been tight, but not impossible if you take all the guys he got to half-heartedly replace those players.

Last year's team won a lot because the entire lineup understood the system and they were the perfect guys to play in it. Gaborik and Richards were the odd men out but it was fine because they played like stars in the NHL. This year, so much of the lineup was gutted that the team no longer has the right guys to play the system. Gaborik and Richards are still the odd men out, along with Nash, (in terms of not being suited for the system) and Nash is the only one playing well enough to justify his icetime considering that.

Never should have let Prust, Fedotenko and Mitchell walk. Gaborik at least looks like he's in shape and he's fighting it. Richards looks out of shape. It's obvious. Seeing him skate around with the A on is painful. He should be reprimanded in some way.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote