Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 11:14 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Looks to me like he didn't prepare for the season properly. In my own life, I've been in situations where the deadlines for important things were malleable and I took that as an excuse to keep putting off my preparation. I think that's exactly what happened with Richards during the lockout. Kept putting off the proper training because everything was up in the air, and then, when it was time for hockey, he didn't start with the proper foundation, and now he' suffering for it and realizing how big of a mistake that was. For me, it was the kind of thing I did once and then realized that the stress and frustration that comes with thinking that way isn't worth it. I hope to sweet baby jesus that this is the only time Richards will make this mistake. I full expect him to be in perfect shape and to be a different player next year. If he's not, he absolutely has to go. You can't have a guy with that contract out of shape and playing like garbage, especially when he wears an A and is supposedly a big voice in the room.