View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
If an employer offered you your boss' salary for the next few months and said that your performance would dictate whether you were kept in the position or replaced with an outside hire, would you pass up the opportunity? It's not unfair at all and can't even hurt them.

If Quinn can't hack it, keep him as an assistant to let him learn some more. If we brought in another coach they'd likely be gone anyways, is that unfair to them for not giving them an opportunity to save their jobs?

As for the players, I don't see how firing the coach they won't respond to is unfair to them.
It would basically put Quinn in a preassure cooker, he would be set up to fail (again much like Cunneyworth was in Montreal). An interim tag pretty much means the FO isn't sure in you, so why would it be any different when it comes to players? And I fail to remember any instance in which an interim coach was put in a situation like this and succeeded. They're put in a position in which you can't say no, if you say no you look like a guy who isn't sure in himself and if you say yes you can potentially ruin your whole career (and for what, 20 games worth of coaching) if your team fails to improve, which is given our talent on the defense more than a likely outcome.

As for it being unfair to players that's a bit harder for me to explain in English (you should all learn Croatian), it basically sends a message to the players that you aren't sure in which direction your team should be going and that you still aren't sure if the poor performance was the coaches fault or theirs. I hope that makes some sense to you.