View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 12:25 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Kopitar, Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Tavares, Stamkos, Kesler... we will only draft these players.

Make no mistake, Weiss is a big upgrade over Bozak. So is Filppula, Laich, Ott, Ribiero...etc. But I do agree that none are worth giving up assets for right now. I agree with the assessment of Grabo, and eventually I see our 3rd line taking on the shut-down role. I think if you put Grabo between different wingers he gets much better. I also don't think our primary concern is building Grabo's value towards a trade - we have much more pressing issues at hand.

To be clear - are you advocating take a big run at a clear-cut #1C or top-pairing D? Or are you falling on the side of drafting the #1C and either trading for or signing via FA a stop-gap #1C to play the next couple years in wait of the emergence of our drafted #1C?

Really, really like what I see of Kadri and Lupul. Lupul is exactly the all-purpose type of winger Kadri needs, so much so that Carlyle even put Orr out there with him and they still produced. If they ever got some wheels on the other wing a la Mason Raymond or Carl Hagelin, watch out - that line would be a huge threat.
I wouldn't bite on Weiss, a player who has lived his career where Bouwmeester and Jokinen looked like stars.

I'd worry he'd be Stajan the 2nd. and come in and just be okay.

Kesler drafted 23rd. overall, and took some time to get where he is, and that is playing behind the Sedins. Not saying that is bad, just saying he doesn't face the biggest obstacles when he's in the the line-up.

I wish Filppula was available, but I doubt very much he is moved and the Wings join the Leafs next year.

Ribeiro, Backstrom, Beagle, Hendricks, Perreault, Brouwer, Johansson ... Ribeiro is UFA, if they re-sign him I'd like to see them make a move on Johansson or even Backstrom if it is thought he needs a move away from the Ovechkin circus.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.