View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 12:02 PM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I think the Giants can probably resign him for less but I'm not holding my breath. I think they'll probably go Oline in the first with a guard or in the second. As far as TE though, Adrien Robinson sure looks the part and is ridiculously strong and athletic but is learning the system still. I do expect him to be the TE of the not too distant future but getting Myers makes me relax a little because we will have an NFL tight end who can do some damage right away. Although if you saw Robinson in person and see him run and jump, you can see why the Giants are taking their time with him. He's like Martellus Bennett physically except with a lot more speed and better hands, but he can't block as well. I mean we'll see he certainly looks like he can block though. He has the build of JPP. Having said that, regarding the backup QB. I disagree. I think you must have a solid backup. In the NFL every single game counts. Usually the team that doesn't get in to the dance because of one loss, like the Giants have for the last 3 out of 4 years, regret that one game they blew or gave away that they should have won. And the Giants have been lucky that those games were lost not because the QB was down our out. But that is usually the case in a lot of teams. Yeah if Eli goes down for the year we are screwed. But if he only goes down or a game or two? Then what? That is what backup Qb's are for. To manage a game or not lose you one and if they can win one great. They become decent commodities that turn into picks from desperate teams. I value the backup quarterback a lot because he is only one bad hit away from making or breaking your season. It's great Eli is an ironman so far. But I am not holding my breath with that. You never know in this most violent of all sports.