View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 500
Borderlands 2 - 8/10

The game would easily score 9 but I had no idea that there was a cap on item/enemy levels based on playthroughs. If I like a game I do EVERYTHING and while I was skeptical about Borderlands 2 I was pulled in almost instantly and got the DLC. I reached level 30 a bit early and then went on to the Pirate DLC: since the game stopped scaling I ended up killing everybody very easily and finding no decent loot; the last third of the game was an absolutely dreadful chore and really soured me on the game.

Apparently I can start over and find new items but I'm not the kind of guy that replays through games anymore: I'd much rather go on to another game rather than replay a game I just finished because the developers thought it would be a good idea to punish people who paid for the DLC and bother doing all the side quests... I understand that a lot of people seem to enjoy second and third playthroughs (I used to, I'm older now and have responsibilities) so I'm in the minority but it was a real shame because I couldn't put Borderlands 2 down for a good two weeks before I hit the level 30 wall...

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote