View Single Post
03-17-2013, 01:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
oh boy

how are you criticizing callahan. he got off to a slow start and has been great recently.

trading the irreplaceable dubinsky and the wildly consistent anisimov for a super star former 1st overall pick who is currently leading the team in every category is definitely what is causing this problem. nash has been amazing and so far has been our best player hands down.
Yes, his production lately has improved, but he's still only put up 3rd line numbers with elite 1st line minutes. If his name were anything other than "Callahan", people here would have been calling for his head all season.

My bigger issue with him this year, however, is that the team--HIS team, since he's wearing that C on his chest--looks disinterested and lazy. When a team looks like that for an extended period of time, it's a poor reflection on the coach AND the Captain. More people should be pissed at Cally, not because he's a bad player or that he should be moved, but because we SHOULD expect more from him than 3rd line numbers and apparently no leadership. He's been probably the most disappointing player for me this year.

I didn't criticize the Nash trade because I thought Nash was talentless or wouldn't put up numbers. I criticized it because EVERY report out of Columbus talked about how he practiced when HE wanted to practice. He gave effort when HE wanted to give effort. If you'll notice, he was Columbus' best player and leading scorer as well. The problem was that players who COULDN'T half ass it and still produce followed his lead and developed bad habits. You all told me "don't worry. We've got Callahan. The team will follow his lead, not Nash's.". Yet here we are. The team looks a lot more like Columbus than the Rangers.

I said it before the trade. This is not a video game. You need more than talent to build a successful team. You need character and heart as well. We traded too much of the latter to get the former, and voila--we're the pre-lockout Rangers again.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote