View Single Post
Old
03-17-2013, 01:42 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I don't find it particularly useful to discuss this trade outside of the context the Sherman thread. In my mind it's a pretty clear loss unless EJ starts putting up some points and Siemens becomes a 2/3 defender (which he might, but more like 4 years down the road).

But what's done is done and we have to move forward from here. Many GMs have made big mistakes during their rebuilds - Cam barker with 3rd overall, Hickey with 4th overall as examples - and the teams have still gone on to be successful.

My main interest in discussing it is that I don't think Sherman, or whoever is actually in charge of decisions for us, has done a particularly good job for us in this rebuild, contrary to what was popular opinion on our forum in the past, and I would rather we have someone better running our team. Not going to happen though so what can you do.
I made the EJ thread because I was tired of constantly seeing the EJ trade discussed in the Sherman thread. Sherman has made other moves, and it seemed like all everyone wanting to discuss lately was the EJ trade, and I felt that it was prudent to have a separate thread for those who wanted to discuss the EJ trade. Foppa2118 spent a lot of time working on the OP for the Sherman thread, and didn't deserve to have it hijacked.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote